Thank you for visiting our site, we are currently working on updating this page; if you would like to see this more videos from us, please visit our Youtube Channel:
If you plan on selling your home, here are five updates that you should avoid making before you list it:
1. Wallpaper. You don’t want to add wallpaper unless it’s a custom home or you’ve been asked by a custom designer to add wallpaper.
2. Lavish light fixtures. Your light fixtures should be clean and simple. Buyers don’t like to overspend, and most of them won’t see the value in lavish light fixtures.
3. Replacing carpet with carpet. In older homes and high-traffic areas like hallways and living rooms, we find a lot of carpeting. In this case, I recommend you replace that carpet with high-quality laminate flooring or hardwood flooring. You can find very good entry-level engineered hardwood flooring at a similar price to carpet, and it would only take a day or two to replace any areas you desire
4. Painting in bold colors. Don’t go with and bold reds, greens, or blues. Keep your colors clean, neutral, and calm. Buyers will appreciate that.
5. Overspending on the landscaping. Usually, you won’t get a good return on your investment anyway when it comes to landscaping. Although you want to update the curb appeal for your home, you don’t want to overspend.