Thank you for visiting our site, we are currently working on updating this page; if you would like to see this more videos from us, please visit our Youtube Channel:
If you’re getting ready to sell your house, there are certain things you should actually avoid doing:
1. Wallpaper is out. Unless your home is custom-built, you want to avoid putting up wallpaper at all costs.
2. Lavish light fixtures. You want to keep your fixtures clean and simple; you don’t need to overspend or get something ornate and personal.
3. Carpeting. Many older homes have carpet in the high-traffic areas like the hallways and living rooms. Don’t replace carpet with carpet. Instead, use a high-quality laminate, a good engineered hardwood, or real hardwood floors. You can find good engineered hardwood at a reasonable price that would be similar to the cost of carpet, and it usually only takes a day or two to replace.
4. Bold colors. If you need to repaint your property at all, avoid bold colors like bright reds, yellows, and greens. Go with neutral colors to appeal to more buyers.
5. Landscaping. You can focus on curb appeal, but don’t spend too much money on it. You’ll get a negative return on your investment with landscaping.